Friday, October 05, 2007

What is it to you?

I just got finished talking with Zach on AIM. We were discussing a blog post by Adam Duritz (lead singer of counting crows). I have always admired Adam for the passion that he puts in every song. This blog is a description of one of their live shows. As he talks about the show you can hear and feel the passion for his music. It moves him, it is him. I can identify with that, and I want to be that way about FM's stuff.

I guess that started me thinking about people and how music affects so many people's lives. What is it to you? How does music affect you? Is it deep and life changing, or is it just something that you enjoy? I know that not everyone makes their own music, but I think that music has a profound impact on lots of people's lives. Tell me if you would like.

4 Comments:

Blogger joel winters said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

8:57 AM  
Blogger joel winters said...

Music is the primary language I use to say things that really matter. Especially to speak to God. I'm having to learn to not love it too much.

8:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't write music and I don't play an instrument - but music is important to me. Perhaps one of the most important songs to me is Hiding Place (an old hymn remade by Jars of Clay) - Then there's "Every Grain of Sand" by Bob Dylan" and "Blowin in the Wind" also by Bob Dylan...

These kinds of songs have the power to change a person.

9:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have been trying, but i can't post anything serious that seems good enough to describe how i feel about music.

also, i love joel and joe.

10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home