Friday, May 25, 2007

Give me your money!!!!

I saw him coming and i knew before he ever reached my teller window. His red baseball hat was covering his face to his nose. his black jacket and dark pants were baggy. he walked slowly but intentionally straight to my window without acknowledging my greeting. He reached in his pocket to grab a note with illegible scribbling on it and then from the other pocket he pulled a small pistol and pointed it at my chest. "give me your money" he said quietly. I had already pulled my bait money and my tracking money, so i handed him those first, then i preceded to give him some smaller bills. He was not happy about the smaller bills so he got aggitated and started coming across the window at me with the pistol demanding the larger bills.... "give me your 100's. 50's, and 20's!!!" i gave him all i could, and he ran out of the bank leaving money scattered behind him.

I cursed. I slammed my cash drawer in. I was mad because no one from security had called yet, even though it had probably only been 30 seconds since he left. I felt like it should have never happened. The blood left my head and hands and i felt faint; I felt violated; I felt threatened; I felt vulnerable. There was nothing i could do.

Why did he do it? What was he going through that made it worth him to put another person's life on the line for a couple thousand dollars? It was stupid and irresponsible.

but to him.... it was necessary( or so he thought.) I want to talk to him. I want to know what is going on in his life that made it worth it. He needs to know love and purpose. I want to tell him that i forgive him and that there is so much more out there than what he is seeking.

Our society is full of people who will do anything to fix their situation. They will do anything...

We are required as carriers of truth to give them the real solution. Please help me. I want to provide the people in my life that are hurting and desperate with the real solution.

PS
He could not have taken my life. My life has already been taken. I am waiting to go home.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am proud to call you my brother. And I am glad that you are safe. I love you.

12:09 PM  
Blogger joel winters said...

what a story...! thanks be to God that you're alright. your ps had me singing; "soon and very soon..."

9:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wisdom can come in young bodies. Christ's wisdom shines brightly through your heart felt words. You were saved physically for another reason...God has plans for my precious nephew. Perhaps He has plans to help you help others. (such as the young man who held you at gunpoint for reasons that only he knows.) We do not know the reasons that these things occur, but what we DO know is that there is a purpose. I believe there is always a purpose. You were a victim of His plan. Oh, to be one of God's victim's! What an honor!

You may be thinking, "Yeah, right, Aunt Donna, you wouldn't be saying that if it had happened to one of YOUR boys!" And I can tell you that initially, I certainly wasn't thinking that for you either. All of this that I have said is simply "hind site".

I love you, my boy, and am so proud of your thoughts...your heart...and you.

Love,
Aunt Donna

9:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dane Cook says that every guy wants to be part of a heist.

Well? Is it all Dane cracks it up to be?

11:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

holy crap did this really happen to you?...and if so...how have i not heard about it yet?

well i'm glad you're ok!
(the lord protects)

8:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, write a new blog so i have something to read. or a poem on xanga. whatever.

6:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home