Wednesday, May 23, 2007

A week without my guitar

Actually its just been since Sunday, but it feels longer. I'm not shedding tears, but i have definitely reached for it instinctively quite a few times and it is not there. I never noticed how often i just need to play it, whether its with a new song idea or its just that i need to play.

Father Maple has never played a ton of shows, but right now I am really missing playing like we used to. We used to at least do 3 or 4 shows a month and right now its 1 or 2 if we are lucky. With Zach living in Missouri it makes it harder. I did talk to our friend Joey the other day and he seemed to be interested in filling in for the shows that Zach can't make, and that makes me feel better. When Dave moves back we should be able to spend some serious time on getting the new songs ready to record. I'm so excited about our new stuff. I feel like people will really love it if we can ever get it to them.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel like people will like it too... but I haven't heard it all, so who am I to judge?

I am ready for a new FM album!

3:12 PM  
Blogger captain supremo said...

i love you, bro, and miss you greatly! that's crazy what happened to you at work. what's the story on the guitar?

peace,
john

1:07 AM  
Blogger Flora Family said...

dude you got freakin robbed??????

quit that job, bro. get out now!

7:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home