Tuesday, July 03, 2007

New Songs Part 2

Here's one...

If this is a war we must fight,
then I am obliged to tell the truth...
Your guns won't change their mind
You can call me a coward,
You can call me what you like,
but I'm not afraid to die

There is a death that comes from love
And it will not take your life

I have no faith in war to bring peace
And hate will never breed compassion
I have no faith in time to bring change
If all we do is wait for it to happen

Not finished but i wanted to follow up on my hunch from a little while back.
(thanks for reminding me andrew)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the line about waiting for time to bring change. Your plea is for action - not nonaction.

Love is action not pacifism. Jesus was not a pacifist, he acted in love to bring about transformation. The only kind of transformation that is real is that stemming from love.

I find it interesting that we weild our weapons to fight against "an axis of evil"

Interesting, because God considers the taking of a human life to be evil.

It has become my anthem lately, but I'll say it again. If your end is God, then your means must be Him as well. In other words, if you want to do the things that God wants to do, (like take action to eradicate evil), then you must do so God's way. You can't justify any means - simply because your end is noble.

I would talk all day, but I have to go put out some fires here in Jonesboro. Does anyone have a flamethrower?

9:33 AM  
Blogger levi said...

i like it.
a lot.

1:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home